Hamish is a trusted advisor to clients tackling complex problems.
He is an experienced consultant and works closely in matters related to energy, decarbonisation, and workforce strategy. Hamish has advised public and private sector organisations across Australia, the United Kingdom and Canada.
- Developed a workforce strategy and industry development plan to support the Victorian Government’s implementation of a nine-gigawatt offshore wind industry
- Designed a new operating model for the Sustainability Business Unit of one of Australia’s largest energy retailers/generators
- Created an interactive skills-forecasting model to assess the workforce implications associated with adopting novel energy storage technologies across Victoria
- Reviewed Australia’s net zero skills and training landscape to support creation of an internationally focused agency to promote Australian institutions to overseas markets
- Reviewed the Victorian MedTech sector to recommend regulatory changes and industry development actions that could foster growth.
Outside of Nous
Hamish has a diverse work history in Australia and overseas. He started his career by exploring commercial roles in the banking and energy sectors, as well as in technical roles in resource exploration. He previously worked in corporate partnerships for a not-for-profit organisation that campaigned to reduce social violence in Australia. As a Nous consultant he enjoys working with a wide array of clients and colleagues to solve complex problems across different areas.
Hamish holds a Master of Science (Earth Science), a Graduate Diploma of Science (Geology) and a Bachelor of Commerce (Economics) from The University of Melbourne.
In his spare time...
Hamish enjoys hockey and ocean swimming. Having grown up in Perth he is fond of the beach, the outdoors and the Fremantle Dockers.