Tess is an experienced human-centred design practitioner working at the intersection of new design methodologies and transformative organizational change.
She deeply understands the complex relationships between organizational systems, people and culture in enabling organizational change.
- Co-designed with students, staff and faculty the vision for and measurement of student experience at a U15 Canadian university
- Increased student access to mental health, wellness and accessibility services through service redesign at a Canadian university
- Designed a human-centered service model with accompanying operating model and organization structure for a complex service in dispute resolution
- Mapped, designed and implemented citizen-centred business improvements to drive excellent customer experience in eight municipal governments
- Deepened a Canadian university’s understanding of its 180,000 active alumni through human-centred research and design of personas and journey maps.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Tess was the chief executive officer of a not-for-profit community media organization in Melbourne, Australia. She is passionate about and has volunteered widely in the not-for-profit and creative sector, including as a board member.
Tess holds a Bachelor of Communication (professional communication) from RMIT University. Her practical experience in the communication sector provides a robust skillset to successfully implement change. Tess is currently competing a Master of Design Futures at RMIT University.
In her spare time...
Tess’ perfect weekend includes art galleries, live music and a Blue Jays game.