Monash University was established in Melbourne, Australia in 1958 and now has over 70,000 students.
We developed a strategy for sustainable growth over 10 years
Despite being one of Australia’s top ranked universities, Monash knew that sustainable growth depended on overcoming challenges including unbalanced student and revenue growth; changing expectations from the modern student regarding campus experience; and stress on teaching and learning spaces.
We modelled opportunities and developed a roadmap for action
Phase 1: Sizing the opportunity for student growth and space optimisation:
- Conducted market sizing analysis to understand demand and performance.
- Created a detailed model mapping the impact of growth opportunities on overall student load.
- Developed a capacity model to project space requirements by campus for different load scenarios.
Phase 2: Developing the implementation roadmap:
- Developed faculty-level roadmap outlining changes required to course offer and student experience to support growth.
- Developed channel roadmap for target markets including a review of existing channels and competitor analysis.
- Recommended process optimisations for course development, pricing and load planning to support target growth and diversification.
- Identified and planned space optimisations including improvement to timetabling, flexible teaching hours and supporting more blended learning.
- Conducted analysis to support 10 year capital plan to meet projected load growth.
The work will deliver growth and diversity goals within space constraints
Proactivity shaping the Monash student profile and optimising use of space delivered significant benefits including increased capacity to invest in strategic initiatives and reduced capex.