Alex combines an analytical mindset and quantitative capabilities to address clients’ problems and makes a positive impact on the community.
He graduated from the University of Melbourne with a background in economics, finance and statistics. He has worked at the World Bank, and as a tutor and research assistant.
- Led a four-person student consultant team to propose tax and subsidy reforms reconciling the twin ambitions of economic recovery with an environmentally conscious economy and placing first in the Economics Student Society of Australia Public Policy Case Competition
- Analysed the motherhood penalty to female wages using the Swiss Labour Market Survey
- Examined the impact of foreign investment on the Australian residential housing market
- Investigated over 1170 US target date funds’ annual portfolio data over 20 years by utilising a Morningstar database
- Researched household inflation expectations across income groups and proposed potential implications for policymaking.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Alex was a short-term consultant at the World Bank, working on an international trade project. During his studies of a Bachelor of Commerce (finance, Honours in economics) and a Diploma of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Melbourne he was elected to undertake an exchange at Wharton Business School. While studying, he worked as a research assistant on various projects, including trade agreements and target date funds, and as an academic tutor on economics and finance subjects.
In his spare time...
Alex enjoys street photographing, reading, watching movies and working out at the gym. He loves to travel and has lived in New Zealand, China, the United States and the UK.