Ari is a journalist and communications advisor who has worked for more than a decade in Australia and Asia. His expertise is turning complex ideas into crisp language for a broad audience.
He has reported on major national events for Fairfax Media, led a team of editors in Jakarta, helped to deliver the G20 summit, and led advocacy at the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- As a journalist, reported on the Global Financial Crisis and the federal election via Fairfax Media’s suite of newspapers, websites and social media channels
- As an editor, led a team of copy editors at the Jakarta Globe to produce a compelling website and newspaper that helped the world to better understand Indonesia
- As an author, wrote Risky Business, a groundbreaking book that examined the state of foreign investment in Indonesia
- As a communications advisor, helped to ensure the smooth delivery of the G20 meeting, which brought together 35 world leaders in Brisbane
- As an advocate, guided the communications strategy of the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry to secure tax reform and trade agreements.
Outside of Nous
Ari has worked as a journalist for Fairfax Media and Jakarta Globe, and in communications for G20 and the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He also wrote a book, Risky Business, about foreign investment in Indonesia; and is currently completing a Master of Business Administration at the Australian National University.
In his spare time...
As a culture vulture, Ari finds no gallery or live performance is too obscure for his tastes. To experience it all with his young daughter gives him an extra thrill.