Ben is an experienced Senior Consultant who leverages his economic background to gain insight into complex problems.
He brings experience in economic and strategy decision making, organisational reviews and public-sector transformations.
- Analysed industries in the agriculture, fisheries and forestry sectors and identified economic and market trends, risks and opportunities across the value chain stages, informing an agency’s strategic and operating model review
- Developed a new strategy toolkit for the former Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (DAWE) to guide it through the nuances of making strategic decisions
- Managed the facilitation and analysis of a large survey to establish a baseline of regulatory culture for the agricultural trade and biosecurity and compliance
- Led the quantitative analysis for the Australian Public Service Hierarchy and Classification Review in collaboration with the Australian Public Service Commission.
- Delivered a new enterprise performance framework for DAWE over 12 months.
Outside of Nous
Before joining Nous, Ben worked at the Clean Energy Regulator as a Junior Economic Analyst, during which time he reported on, monitored and analysed the Emissions Reduction Fund.
Ben holds a Bachelor of Economics and a Bachelor of Actuarial Studies.
In his spare time...
Ben enjoys being active through mountain bike-riding and recreational team sports. On the weekends he supports the North Queensland Cowboys or plays board games with friends.