Dan has considerable experience working with leadership teams of businesses varying in size, sector and ownership class.
Drawing from a background in research, he is quick to identify client problems and collaboratively create pragmatic long-term solutions. Passionate about driving results for people, and through them, the organisations they power, Dan has expertise across a range of human capital areas including leadership assessment and development, work design, wellbeing and employee learning.
- Created a people function, including recruitment and boarding and performance review, to enable a scaling professional services firm’s fast growth
- Established a cross-functional learning and development program for a regional not-for-profit organisation to break down team siloes and create additional development pathways
- Managed the transformation of systems, processes and policies of a UK executive search firm to comply with a change to European data legislation
- Supported a top-tier international law firm’s leadership expansion through market research and candidate approach and assessment
- Grew the membership of Scotland’s national industry body for young professionals in financial services by 52% in one year using multiple communication channels, corporate partnerships and events.
Outside of Nous
Prior to Nous, Dan headed up the People & Culture function for a fast growing sustainability consultancy, where he established a suite of people processes and helped grow the national team by 30%. Previously working in the UK, Dan advised on critical executive and non-executive appointments for significant listed and private equity-backed businesses across multiple functions and sectors.
Dan’s interest in talent development extends to his voluntary work with a Perth-based community services organisation that helps migrant and refugee newcomers become job ready in the Western Australian job market. He holds a Master of Organisational Psychology from Birkbeck, the University of London.
In his spare time...
Dan enjoys restoring old furniture, adding to his extensive colourful socks and practising yoga – preferably with a view of the ocean.