Edward’s professional career over the past 35 years includes seven years as a scientist and academic, nine with Booz Allen Hamilton (now Strategy&) and 18 as the Founder and Managing Director of the NousCubane group of companies.
Over the last 11 years Edward led NousCubane’s efforts to build the UniForum service offering that has now provided insights to over 50 universities globally on ways to transform the efficiency and effectiveness of their administration and support service operations.
- Led the development of a retail insurance offering for an underwriter and major Australian retailer using new channels to market
- Provided insights that have enabled over 50 universities to release 4-6% of revenue from administration to invest in their academic mission and improve faculty and staff satisfaction with services
- Led one of Australia’s largest mergers to create a comprehensive personal and commercial lines insurer
- Developed and implemented a strategy to create a world-leading global mining services provider
- Worked with a global oil major to support the creation of the hazardous liquids transportation industry that now exists in Australia.
Outside of Nous
Before founding NousCubane, Edward consulted independently to the insurance sector. He was also an Associate to Principal and Principal at Booze Allen Hamilton; working across logistics, energy and chemicals and leading the insurance consulting practice respectively. Prior, he was a Lecturer and Senior Lecturer in chemical engineering and industrial chemistry at the University of New South Wales (UNSW), publishing over 40 papers in international journals; and a Science Research Scientist in the Institute of Industrial Chemistry (Technishe Chemie), ETH Zürich, Switzerland.
Edward holds a Master of Business Administration from INSEAD, a PhD in Industrial Chemistry from UNSW and a Bachelor of Engineering (chemical) from the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
In his spare time...
Edward enjoys cycling, sailing, trekking mountains and the occasional fly-fishing trip and hopes one day to again play the clarinet with his family chamber music group.