Emma supports organisations to assess performance, develop strategies and improve outcomes.
She has previously worked with governments and international organisations on health care projects in Hong Kong, Fiji and elsewhere in the Asia-Pacific region. Clients value her expertise, open communication, and dedication to positive outcomes.
- Assessed Fiji’s healthcare sector on behalf of the World Bank to identify opportunities for private sector involvement, developing five recommendations based on level of potential impact
- Analysed COVID vaccine development across markets to support the Asian Development Bank’s stakeholder engagement and advisory activities, including developing an assessment framework and recommendations
- Developed a healthcare strategy for a major Asian life insurer, identifying growth opportunities across sectors and markets and developing materials to support executive and board decisions
- Conducted a system-wide study of Hong Kong’s health sector to support alternative funding models, convening an advisory panel comprising Hong Kong’s health department, insurers, hospitals and associations to ensure consensus
- Analysed Hong Kong’s specialist healthcare services sector to support the market entry goals of a specialist provider, recommending models based on costs, profit pools and impact, and working with the client to engage with potential local partners.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Emma lived in Hong Kong, where she worked in insurance for Aetna International and AIA Group, focusing on strategy and market growth. She also worked at Asia Care Group, a boutique healthcare management consultancy, whose clients include governments, international NGOs, insurers, and pharma and telehealth companies. She was an active member of the American and Canadian Chambers of Commerce. Emma previously worked for the Ontario Renal Network and for the Canadian Government, where she focused on policy and performance improvement.
In her spare time...
Emma enjoys exercising, and is an avid weightlifter, hiker and runner. She also enjoys reading, exploring Toronto’s restaurant scene and spending time with her husband, son and two dogs.