Freddie is a commercial solicitor who previously worked in private practice at one of Australia’s eminent law firms. He has also worked in-house at ASX20 companies, where he built a broad commercial practice with specialities in commercial property, supply chain procurement, marketing (in both regulated and unregulated industries), commercial disputes and regulatory matters.
Freddie’s client base reflects his broad experience, having acted for Australian and foreign governments, international airlines, financial service providers, diversified retailers, US tech companies, Scandinavian agribusiness, religious bodies, fashion designers and pharmaceutical companies.
- Advised a national diversified retailer on the $1.7 billion sale of its national petrol station portfolio to a foreign entity entering the market
- Was part of a team negotiating the procurement of the multi-billion dollar Barangaroo precinct development on behalf of the NSW Government
- Negotiated a consolidated mountain lease over part of a national park for the operation of a ski resort in the Snowy Mountains
- Managed the renegotiation of a legal services panel for one of Australia’s largest financial service providers, with an estimated panel spend of $250 million
- Represented at-risk and vulnerable clients in claims carrying significant impact.
Outside of Nous
Freddie has previously been a member of the Australia Indonesia Youth Association and the Next Generation Committee of Lou’s Place, Sydney’s only daytime women’s refuge. He holds a Bachelor of Laws, a Bachelor of Asia-Pacific Studies (southeast Asian studies and Indonesian) and a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from The Australian National University. He is also a graduate of INCULS, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia; and a member of the Law Society of NSW.
In his spare time...
Freddie is a bit of a thrill seeker whose exploits include mountain biking down a volcano in Guatemala and getting caught in an avalanche while back country skiing in Canada.