Greg leads projects helping clients to develop and implement their strategy.
He works with CEOs and boards to set a clear strategy and then to align the operating model, including organisation structure, to deliver. Greg works across financial services, energy, health and utilities for private sector clients and with government agencies in defence, transport, human services, health, justice, utilities, and trade and investment. Greg is an adjunct professor at the Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM) at the University of NSW, where he teaches and researches organisation structure and alignment.
- Led operating model and organisation design project to support AustralianSuper’s growth
- Led strategy and organisation work for superannuation funds, investment managers, banks, insurers and regulators
- Developed a world-leading model to compare approaches to reducing homelessness, undertaking projects in business cases, policy and service design to reduce homelessness
- Led scenario planning work with energy generation, transmission and distribution companies to consider possible futures given climate change, changing technology mix and workforce challenges, and to identify the best strategy to prepare for those futures
- Led turnaround strategy and operating model projects for companies owned by a private equity firm in healthcare and hospitality, resulting in 30-40 per cent greater profitability over the following years
- Undertook a major transformation project to uplift customer service and satisfaction on more than 100 Defence bases using organisation levers including organisation structure and accountabilities, process improvement, information management, culture and reporting.
Outside of Nous
Greg was previously a consultant at McKinsey & Company, an options trader with O’Connor Securities at the London Stock Exchange and Toro Petroleum in Monaco, head of strategy at Austrade for six years, and a lawyer at Freehills.
Greg has a Bachelor of Arts (Honours in Economics) and a Master of Arts (International Policy Studies) from Stanford University, and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of NSW.
Greg is the chair of My Foundations Youth Housing, a community housing provider focused on young people, and independent chair for the advisory board of Solotel, a privately owned hospitality business.
In his spare time...
Greg enjoys ancient history, particularly The History of Rome podcasts; Mary Beard’s The New York Review of Books articles; cycling; and playing soccer on Sunday mornings.