Helen is a values–driven public sector expert with strong leadership and stakeholder engagement skills and extensive experience working collaboratively to deliver and implement evidence-informed policy and strategic advice.
With a deep, practical understanding of the machinery and decision-making processes across all levels of government, she brings over seven years of experience delivering innovative solutions to complex problems for the benefit of the Australian community. Helen has worked on intergovernmental relations issues, delivered transformative renewable energy programs and worked across health, transport and environment.
- Supported a joint federal-state team to support the review of federal relations architecture aimed to build on the successes of the National Cabinet model and progress national priorities with a sharpened focus on productivity
- Led a specialised team responsible for the design, development and implementation of a renewable energy program designed to support businesses to reduce energy costs by accessing solar
- Led delivery of an emergency disaster payment program with a Victorian energy distributor for individuals and businesses affected by extreme weather conditions through the jointly funded Australian Government-state Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements
- Authored a report on market incentives for private landholders to conserve biodiversity to support the implementation and delivery of the Victorian Government’s Protecting Victoria’s Environment – Biodiversity 2037 reforms
- Developed a customer service model for responding to and managing complaints for a Victorian Government program, focusing on improving processes, systems and customer service delivery.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Helen worked most recently for the Victorian Department of Premier and Cabinet, where she managed Intergovernmental Relations strategy for the Victorian government. She has worked in the NSW, Western Australian and Victorian governments.
Helen holds a Master of International Relations from the University of Melbourne and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours in political science) from the University of Western Australia.
In her spare time...
Helen enjoys spending time outdoors with family and friends, preferably by the beach, and loves a good book. She loves to travel and has spent time living in the United States.