Jack combines extensive experience in health and human services strategy, policy and evaluation with a deep understanding of data analytics, evidence translation and research methods. He is an experienced project manager with strong interpersonal skills who delivers excellent results for clients and their stakeholders.
He has worked extensively with federal and state government health departments, primary health networks and service providers. He has experience in health strategy and policy, health funding and commissioning, health data and economics, service design and integration, and health quality, safety and performance improvement.
- Project-managed and led parts of evaluations of health policies and programs, including a national psychosocial supports program, state government sexual health services as well as national pilot programs in wound management and integrated movement disorder care
- Worked with several Primary Health Networks to develop business strategies, commissioning and performance management frameworks, integrated service models and Joint Comprehensive Regional Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug and Suicide Prevention plans
- Developed value-based health care and mental health strategies for the Victorian Government and a large public insurer
- Project-managed the development of a paper for the OECD on best-practice leadership and impact evaluation
- Worked with a health insurer to improve its data quality, analytics workflow and devise a data and analytics capability strategy.
Outside of Nous
Before joining Nous, Jack held a variety of health policy and evaluation roles in the Victorian Government, particularly in the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Premier and Cabinet. He was the Marketing and Communications Director at Chalk Circle – The Gender Literacy Foundation. Prior to this, he held a management consulting position at McKinsey & Company and policy roles at the Grattan Institute and the Parliament of Victoria.
Jack hold a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) with majors in Political Science and Spanish from The University of Melbourne. He is currently developing a research thesis as part of a Masters of Health Data Science at the University of New South Wales.
In his spare time...
Jack enjoys dancing – particularly hip hop and reggaeton. He competes in international dance competitions and is a national champion. He loves travelling and learning human and programming languages.