James brings a well-rounded and practical mindset to consulting.
He is always eager to challenge ideas to understand the bigger picture which allows him to identify and develop high-impact solutions. James focuses on organisational performance and leadership development and has a broad range of experience across various sectors, with in-depth experience in higher education and the not-for-profit sector.
- Helped a New Zealand based university review its professional and academic divisions’ structure and operating model to provide recommendations for the university to better align with its strategic objectives
- Evaluated multiple cohorts of a national social impact leadership program for CEOs of for-purpose organisations to help create positive social sector outcomes
- Collaborated with an Australian university’s executive to co-design a leadership roadmap that aligned with the institution’s strategic vision and set the foundation for sustainable success
- Through a human-centred design approach, analysed and recommended improvements to a Victorian regulator’s processes that are forecast to save the Victorian industry nearly $5 million
- Helped a mid-tier Australian university benchmark its research services structure and performance against leading international universities to inform optimal organisational.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, James worked for the Macquarie Business School, providing administrative support to staff and students, and helped the university adapt its approach to offer better support during the COVID-19 pandemic. He also volunteered for 180 Degrees Consulting, providing pro-bono consulting support to charities and not-for-profit organisations to help increase their social impact. The clients had impact in a range of areas including early childhood education, disability support, Indigenous employment, mental health and environmental sustainability.
James holds a Bachelor of Business Leadership and Commerce (international business) from Macquarie University and has completed the Level 3: Advanced Leadership course at The Council Leadership Academy.
In his spare time...
James is passionate about sports – playing three types of sports and following more than five. He is also a food enthusiast and on a mission to try all of Sydney’s burger joints.