John is an organisational design and digital implementation specialist, advising government, start-up and corporate clients.
He has worked with Australian and state governments, state-owned corporations, universities and private businesses on organisational restructures, program delivery, process redesign, technology implementation and change management. John has previously served as a senior government executive and scientist.
- Conducted the corporate and enabling services review for a NSW Government cluster to uplift the efficiency and effectiveness of technology-enabled services
- Established the business unit and project management office for an Australian university to deliver an AUD$300 million collaborative sovereign capability research commercialisation and manufacturing program
- Facilitated the organisational design for an Australian law enforcement agency to refocus enforcement capacity and develop new capabilities to tackle technology-enabled crime
- Restructured and led the delivery directorate for NSW Justice to merge and modernise legacy systems across more than 30 diverse agencies, including corporate and front-line services
- Advised on the demerger and following shared services operating model of two Western Australian government agencies, identifying millions in operational savings per year.
Outside of Nous
John was previously a senior executive in the NSW Department of Justice in charge of IT implementation. He also served as chief information officer and head of data analytics and strategy for a government agency. Prior to this, he was a scientist and computer engineer in the fields of structural biophysics and microfluidics. Outside of work, John is passionate about sports participation and previously served as vice-president of the NSW Fencing Association.
John holds a Doctor of Philosophy, a Bachelor of Computer Engineering with First Class Honours, and a Bachelor of Medical Science, all from the University of Sydney. He also holds formal certifications in project management, software development, cloud architecture, procurement and company administration.
In his spare time...
John enjoys hanging out with his young family, tinkering in his workshop and sabre fencing.