Kunal brings expertise in strategic planning, design and delivery of complex systems, research, facilitation, and multi-stakeholder engagement.
He has more than eight years of experience spanning India and the United States, serving clients in government and the public sector and working with stakeholders including public policy experts and senior executives. He excels at the holistic analysis of his clients’ technological and operational ecosystems and applies human-centered design principles to help these clients more effectively deliver their missions.
- Led the accelerated design and delivery of an analytics dashboards for the state of Rhode Island’s health and human services agencies to track the effectiveness of COVID-19 mitigation and recovery progress
- Led reform of Rhode Island’s data analytics team, streamlining project delivery processes to achieve the timely delivery of more than 100 reports and 40 data analytics dashboards used by the Department of Human and Health Services to report to the federal government
- Formed and led a culture initiative and mentoring program to help junior analysts navigate a project and firm, to create a positive work environment and to improve the project retention rate
- Drove the restructuring of Rhode Island’s system performance reports sent to the federal government to determine whether the state was meeting its regulations and eligible to continue receiving funding worth US$3 billion annually
- Led a 10-person team to overhaul Rhode Island’s healthcare and human services website using human-centred design, increasing traffic by 400 per cent over nine months.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Kunal designed and developed complex enterprise digital solutions. He has a Master of Business Administration from Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario, and a Bachelor of Technology (Computer Engineering) from Nirma University. Kunal is well-versed in coding languages including Java, C, and C++, and is adept at using data manipulation and modelling software.
In his spare time...
Kunal loves exploring new cuisines and recreating them in his kitchen. He also enjoys hiking and playing video games. Kunal has lived in India, the United States and Canada.