Marcus is a multi-disciplinary graduate from the Australian National University (ANU) who demonstrates strong critical thinking, leadership and initiative.
Through his economic studies, Marcus developed strong analytical skills, which he applied when consulting with a south coast Indigenous corporation on improving its cultural festival. Through his experience working with a federal Member of Parliament, Marcus has developed a unique understanding of government processes and policy development and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Led a team of six consulting with a south coast Indigenous corporation on how to improve its biennial cultural festival, providing strong analysis and recommendations that the client eagerly accepted
- Worked closely with a member of parliament, assisting with speech writing, media management and parliamentary engagements
- Managed a team of casual employees in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment during the 2022 federal election campaign
- Doubled the number of clients for a Fijian social enterprise while participating in a microfinance internship, developing and pitching a financial product to small business owners
- Oversaw the smooth operation of events of up to 400 people in the ANU’s main campus precinct over a two-year period.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Marcus worked in the office of a federal member of parliament. In this role he was responsible for assisting constituents with concerns relating to federal government policies. He applied strong communication skills, frequently corresponding with constituents and federal and state Ministers.
Marcus also recently completed a double degree from the ANU. As an economics major, Marcus developed strong analytical skills.
In his spare time...
Marcus enjoys playing soccer for his local club, bushwalking and playing chess