With a background in economics and previous experience with start-ups, not-for-profit organisations and government, Max brings an analytic framework and strong communication skills to help drive positive impact for communities.
He has led over 100 students to conduct pro-bono consulting work in environment, education, health, and law; and has the interpersonal skills to engage with all levels of stakeholders and develop feasible solutions.
- Formulated a competitor analysis for a medtech start-up based in Berlin, screening more than 60 competitors in the US skin cancer detection industry to better prepare them for market entry
- Represented The University of Melbourne in business strategy case competitions held in Edmonton and Melbourne, placing second in both
- Facilitated over 10,000 hours of pro bono consulting work for not-for-profit organisations and social enterprises in Melbourne as Consulting Director for 180 Degrees Consulting (The University of Melbourne)
- Organised a case competition in partnership with BCG for students across Melbourne to devise a marketing strategy for personal protection start-up, receiving submissions from over 100 students
- Assisted in process mapping and data visualisation for government agencies transition into hybrid work environments.
Outside of Nous
Max is a recent Honours in Economics graduate from The University of Melbourne, researching the economic outcomes of sustainable agriculture. He has also completed an exchange program at King’s College London. Prior to Nous, Max has experience working as a data analyst in internal audit, volunteered as a consultant for a start-up based in Berlin and represented The University of Melbourne in business strategy case competitions held internationally.
Most recently, Max was the Consulting Director at 180 Degrees Consulting, leading pro-bono consulting projects for not-for-profit organisations and social enterprises in Melbourne.
In his spare time...
Max is an obsessive runner and runs almost every day. When he’s not running, he’ll either be bouldering or trying new single origin coffees.