Michele is a highly effective leader with a track record of delivering in senior operational and corporate roles.
She is also a storyteller, skilled in developing narratives that cut through gridlock and build support for change. This combination of skills makes Michele an effective change leader and expert advisor to clients across Australia and the UK. Her work at Nous has focused on the opportunities and challenges of sustainable development, linking ambitious strategy and policy with pragmatic implementation.
- Led development of strategies and policy approaches for the Australian Government Department of Climate Change Energy Environment and Water, Department of Planning and Environment NSW, Crown Lands NSW, and others, working with leaders to build support and clarify strategic direction
- Advised a major Australian Government department on undertaking an organisational review and improving performance outcomes for a complex contracting portfolio that delivers more than $1 billion of services
- Supported Parks Australia through complex multi-stakeholder engagement and implementation planning for the hand-over of Jabiru, a former mining town in the Northern Territory to its Traditional Owners
- Is skilled in facilitating workshops and public forums, including large events with multi-stream activities and complex virtual facilitation
- Demonstrates experience in working with leaders within high-pressure environments to shift workplace culture to be more supportive and operationally effective, in fields as diverse as crime prevention, Antarctic operations and emergency services.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Michele held senior roles in the energy sector including as Head of Supply Chain for Oil Search Limited, project lead for oil and gas projects within BP’s Russian joint venture, TNK-BP, and lead commercial analyst for BP.
She holds master’s degrees in business and foreign affairs from Georgetown University and a diploma in project management. Her creative qualifications include producing, narrative development and content creation.
In her spare time...
Michele enjoys hiking and travelling, and the diverse cultural offerings of Canberra and Sydney.