Peter is passionate about leadership development, leading teams and helping clients solve their most difficult problems and obtain a more expansive view of their reform potential.
An enthusiastic team player, he has worked with private and public sector organisations and family firms in Australia, UK, Europe, South America and Asia. He is skilled in facilitation, leadership development and cultural transformation and driven by integrity and ethics.
- Led an 18-month cultural transformation of an ASX 10 bank involving around 24,000 people in workshops globally
- Worked with a key area of the Australian Government Department of Defence to develop a strategic plan that was in keeping with its fast changing operating environment
- Helped a natural resource company and police force counter gender-based discrimination and predatory sexual behaviour
- Led the strategic renewal and transformation of a leadership team and strategy of a large-scale health department
- Designed an integrity system for major medical research institute, drawing on modern (behavioural) ethics to prevent wrongdoing, improve reporting systems and create a culture in which bad news quickly became prominent.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Peter was a consultant at McKinsey, an adviser to Cabinet Ministers and CEO/Director of the National Ethics Centre (Centre for Ethical Leadership). He was also a regular lecturer at HEC Paris, business schools in Frankfurt and Warsaw and at the University of Oxford.
He holds a Master of Leadership and Change from HEC Paris and the University of Oxford, a Doctor of Philosophy in Ethics from the University of Oxford and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) from the University of Melbourne. He is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
In his spare time...
Peter enjoys the Mornington Peninsula’s wineries, growing herbs and vegetables, reading Russian literature and watching sport.