Ra is an experienced manager and medical doctor specialising in psychiatry.
With seven years’ clinical experience, he brings nuanced insight into the complex interplay of people and systems. He is passionate about developing human-centred design, trauma-informed perspectives, psychodynamic approaches and implementation science. Ra develops meaningful and collaborative relationships to deliver evidence-based and practical outcomes for clients.
- Developed the strategic workforce plan and recruitment and retention plan for a mental health and wellbeing statewide service to meet imminent service expansion in the context of the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health system
- Managed a statewide review of genomics use across medical specialties and delivered practical outputs for future implementation of genomics
- Reviewed the drivers of increasing antidepressant prescriptions through quantitative and qualitative analysis, including wide stakeholder engagement with peak bodies, clinicians and people with lived and living experience of mental illness
- Reviewed clinical capabilities to support younger people with disability access age-appropriate accommodation and supports through health care services
- Facilitated workshops providing targeted training on intersectionality and diversity to housing officers in Queensland.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Ra was a senior registrar at a tertiary metropolitan psychiatric inpatient service and complex care outreach team. He remains engaged with clinical practice and research.
Ra holds a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from Monash University. He has also completed further training in human-centred design and project management.
In his spare time...
Ra is a peer facilitator with the Open Exchange and a key peer educator with Harm Reduction Victoria. He enjoys camping, yoga, beach volleyball and live music; and plays the trumpet.