Ria is a consultant in Nous’ Public Policy practice with a background in medical science and international security studies.
She has evaluation and strategy design experience across a range of sectors, including health, human services, disaster recovery and small business. Ria also brings experience in stakeholder consultations, research and analysis, and sensitive data processing. Ria is confident in engaging with clients across all levels and brings experience facilitating resolutions of complex issues.
- Developed a three-to-five year strategy for a health-literacy not-for-profit organisation (NFP) supporting migrants, refugees and asylum seekers
- Coordinated consultations and analysis for an evaluation with the National Emergency Management Agency
- Supported stakeholder consultations and qualitative analysis for an evaluation of a flagship program with the Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
- Planned and co-facilitated workshops for a federal government agency to evaluate and set its strategic ambition
- Supported business case preparation for a state police force, facilitating a transition towards community partnership-oriented policing.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Ria worked with a range of climate change-focused NFPs. Namely, she worked with Farmers for Climate Action as a donor engagement officer to support the diversification of their revenue streams through recurrent giving.
She was also involved in a range of student leadership and mentoring roles during her time at the Australian National University, which saw her contributing to pastoral care reforms and residential halls’ responses to COVID-19.
In her spare time...
Ria is a keen rock climber and avid reader.