Samara is an experienced Consultant and project manager. She brings extensive experience working on complex strategy and systems change projects for government and non-government clients.
She works across diverse sectors including health and human services, housing, tertiary education, regional development and emergency management. Samara also offers clients expertise in the not-for-profit (NFP) and community sector.
- Led a stream of work with the Their Futures Matter (now Stronger Communities Investment Unit) to transform the vulnerable NSW child and family system
- Managed the development of a cross-government policy and legislative model to support vulnerable children, young people and families
- Supported the development of Bushfire Recovery Victoria’s State Recovery Plan
- Managed a review of the emergency management functions of a government agency to identify opportunities to build a stronger and more cohesive approach to emergency management.
- Led the review of two NSW Health services working at the intersection of health and human services
Outside of Nous
Before joining Nous, Samara worked in the UK at the Department for Exiting the European Union. She led the teams responsible for the policy and delivery coordination of the UK’s exit from the EU for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Department of International Development.
Prior to this, Samara worked in various policy roles across the NSW and Victorian governments; including the Victorian Department of Premier and Cabinet; the NSW Department of Finance, Services and Innovation; the NSW Department of Education; and the Consulate General of Switzerland. She has also spent time working in the NFP at the Sydney Alliance.
Samara holds a Bachelor of International Studies from the University of NSW and a Master of Public Policy from the University of Sydney.
In her spare time...
Samara enjoys hosting elaborate dinner parties and playing board games. She’s also an occasional fencer and regular traveller.