Skye has particular expertise in organisational performance. She was previously an assistant director at the Defence Intelligence Organisation, an admitted lawyer and an expert public policy consultant; and so possesses strong business analysis, strategic advisory and organisational transformation skills.
She has an approachable engagement style and a proven ability to promote collegiate and successful negotiations between diverse stakeholders. Skye’s experience extends across sectors including health and human services, defence and national security, mining and agriculture, education, and emergency services.
- Supported an environmental not-for-profit organisation to re-prioritise funding campaigns and shift investment decisions to adjust to a saturated donor environment
- Provided strategic and communications advice to support scheme implementation for the National Disability Insurance Agency, including facilitating strategic planning workshops and developing planning tools to guide the transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Project managed the development, testing and finalisation of a new organisational structure for a Victorian environment and emergency management department with an annual spend of over $1.45B and more than 4000 employees
- Project managed the design and development of a new frontline leadership development program for a global mining and resources company
- Developed a culture change strategy and leadership capability framework to support the integration of two high profile federal government departments and equip leaders to drive the change locally.
Outside of Nous
Prior to embarking on a career as a management consultant, Skye spent five years as an analyst, and later assistant director, at the Australian Defence Intelligence Organisation. During this time she deployed to East Timor as the sole civilian liaison officer providing strategic advice to the Joint Task Force commander. She also travelled extensively to allied countries to promote strategic relationships and information sharing.
Skye commenced her career as a commercial lawyer and was admitted to the New South Wales Supreme Court in 2007. She holds a Master of Strategic Studies from The Australian National University and Bachelors of Law and Arts (sociology) from The University of Newcastle.
In her spare time...
Skye is currently based in Tokyo. In her spare time she enjoys snowboarding, exploring Japan’s remote regions and enjoying the country’s culinary delights.