Sophie is a curious individual with strong interpersonal and leadership skills who has a particular passion for the not-for-profit and health sector.
Her pro-bono consulting work throughout university allowed her to engage with different organisations and stakeholders and develop leadership skills in guiding teams to solve a range of complex problems. She has experience volunteering across the health, justice and animal welfare sectors and is motivated to create tangible, long-lasting change.
- Managed and led a team of four project consultants over a 10-week project for a not-for-profit organisation (NFP) as part of a pro-bono university consulting club
- Led first-year university students as part of a peer mentor program to support their transition into university life
- Managed and facilitated training programs for new volunteers onboarding at the Malvern Save the Children Op Shop to ensure they were adequately prepared for their retail position
- Worked as an academic tutor part of a student-led NFP that aims to close the education gap, particularly in the wake of COVID-19
- Worked in a team of four project consultants to develop implementable recommendations and deliverables for a NFP.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Sophie involved herself in her local and university communities, focusing on NFPs. She worked as a retail assistant in a Save the Children Op Shop, where she connected with members of her local community, and as an Adoption Centre Volunteer at the Lort Smith Animal Hospital, where she developed and implemented behavioural programs for animals up for adoption. She also tutored primary school students during COVID-19 to help support their online learning.
Sophie explored her consulting interest as part of a pro-bono university consulting club where she worked on projects as a Project Consultant and Project Manager. She engaged with various NFPs and volunteered as a peer mentor, supporting groups of first-year students in their transition into university life.
In her spare time...
Sophie enjoys spending time with her family and two dogs. She loves to travel with her sister (her favourite place is Scotland). She also enjoys figure skating and playing the viola.