Zak is an experienced consultant, having worked with public, private and not-for-profit clients to address their pressing challenges.
Zak’s experience spans strategy development and execution, operations management, policy analysis and development, and program management and evaluation. Zak has designed and delivered strategic and operational programs in multi-stakeholder industries, including technology, law and justice, natural resource management and international development. Zak enjoys working with clients to understand their challenges and needs and takes a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Operationalised the strategic plan and scaled business functions (including procurement, product management, go-to-market strategies, marketing and financial management) for a software company specialising in visualising spatial data and digital twins
- Managed the evaluation of an innovative case management reform model designed by an Australian trial court, using developmental evaluation to understand the impact of case management approaches to deal with increasing numbers and complexity of matters in the court
- Contributed to a performance audit of a government integrity office, interviewing senior government and board representatives, undertaking analysis and developing audit recommendations to improve the performance of the office
- Reviewed the operations of step-down provisions for a workers’ compensation scheme, undertaking quantitative analysis of workers’ compensation claims data to develop policy packages and policy options to amend legislation
- Managed complex international development programs funded through the Australian aid budget, including serving as the contractor representative for the Australian Government’s largest counter-trafficking program.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Zak managed operations for a technology company, and as a consultant working across government policy, evaluation, trade and economics. Zak has also managed large-scale international development programs throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
In his spare time...
Zak enjoys the outdoors, especially when accompanied by his wife, three daughters and cattle dog.