Izzy brings experience in social, justice and environmental policy to her work with clients on public policy challenges.
She has conducted broad-reaching stakeholder engagement in complex and sensitive environments and worked with government agencies and departments to design responses to sector-wide challenges. Izzy is currently managing Nous’ carbon accounting and carbon offset programme.
- Explored how to mobilise Australia’s transition to net zero, looking at how Australia must transform its energy system; and invest in its people, land and nature
- Developed a Best Practice Guide for ACT Policing to assist it in its interactions with people with disability
- Evaluated the efficacy of the Lighthouse Project, a multi-year pilot programme designed to improve the identification and response to litigants at high risk of domestic and family violence in Australia’s Federal Circuit and Family Court
- Managed a multi-year evaluation of Specialisterne’s Autism Advantage at Work program, a pilot intended to develop a more inclusive recruitment pathway for autistic adults through a series of talent demonstration hubs
- Helped the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries understand required changes to its role, strategy and, operating model to respond to emerging threats and changing community expectations related to climate change.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Izzy worked for the student-run consultancy group 180 Degrees Consulting Amsterdam, where she led a team to develop a business plan for a Dutch non-government organisation that developed technology to turn coffee production waste into biochar. Izzy graduated cum laude from the University of Amsterdam with a Bachelor of Science (Honours).
In her spare time...
Izzy loves to make things, whether sewing clothes or building an at-home escape room. She is a keen traveller and has lived in New Zealand, Spain, Australia and the Netherlands.