Phil leads Cubane’s UniForum benchmarking programme in the UK and Europe. He brings 18 years of experience in business change consulting, strategic advice and research management; including deep expertise in supporting universities’ large-scale transformation and service improvement.
Phil specialises in strategy development and execution, preparing robust business cases to aid good decision-making, and designing new customer-centred service delivery models.
- Helped research-intensive and teaching-focused universities design, mobilise and deliver multi-year programmes to transform their frontline and support services to improve efficiency and service quality
- Worked with a Russell Group university to assess the business case for its new overseas campus, stress-testing market demand and advising leaders on success prerequisites
- Was a lead team member supporting the development of phase two of a Top 50 global university’s new campus in the UAE
- Served as Programme Manager for a two-year business process improvement programme at one of the UK’s largest universities
- Was a lead team member advising a research-intensive university on the development of a new strategy to take it through to 2020.
Outside of Nous
Phil was previously a member of the Senior Management Team at OPM (now Traverse), a pioneering fully employee-owned social enterprise dedicated to helping government, public services and charities improve social results. He is a Trustee for the Legal Action Group in the UK, which campaigns to improve access to free legal aid.
Phil holds a Master of Arts (politics and research methods) from the University of Warwick, England; and a Bachelor of Arts (politics, philosophy and economics) from the University of Oxford, England.
In his spare time...
Phil is a keen runner, outdoor fitness enthusiast, animal lover and custodian of a growing family of dogs and cats. He is active in supporting several animal and environmental charities.