Simon brings extensive and varied experience in Australia and the US as a management consultant, marketing and sales executive, economist and researcher.
He has led work with diverse organizations across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors in strategy, public policy, business transformation, business process redesign, organizational structure, people and culture. Simon is renowned for expert insights on complex strategic and operational issues based on considered analysis and rigorous creative thinking. He is also a well-regarded facilitator.
- Led the development of an accommodation solution to support a renewable energy developer house its long-term construction workforce
- Led engagement with energy generation and transmission companies to inform ongoing improvement to the planning assessment system
- Led the development of policy reform to support a state electricity policy framework transition to a more decentralized energy system
- Led the development of a five-year strategy to support a state government’s energy, environment and climate change portfolios
- Led the development of strategic plans for a range of environmental- and science-focused organizations, including Taronga Conservation Society, the Australian Antarctic Division and The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney.
Outside of Nous
Simon’s earlier professional experience includes working for the Victorian Government in New York, with responsibility for attraction of foreign direct investment to Victoria and assisting Victorian exporters. He has also worked at the Reserve Bank of Australia (as a research economist and US and China country expert), the Federal Reserve Board of Governors (Washington, D.C.) and the Productivity Commission.
Simon holds a Doctor of Philosophy (economics) and Bachelor of Economics (First Class Honours) from Monash University. His PhD thesis, published as The Rise and Fall of Monetary Targeting in Australia (2005), received rave reviews.
In his spare time...
Simon enjoys the outdoors, cooking and books, and spending time with his two children. He agrees with the common assessment that ‘Flying High’ is the greatest comedy of all time.