Alannah is an accomplished visual designer who depicts nuanced understanding of user-experiences in accessible ways, using techniques including live visual recording, animations and high-quality finished artwork.
She brings to the role academic qualifications in engineering and business, as well as years in management consulting in which she has worked closely with consultants and clients to deliver impactful results. Her work has won multiple design awards.
- Co-designed Child Link to improve information-sharing across agencies to protect children, working with the project team and the Victorian Department of Education to create complex current and future state journey maps. The project won an Australian 2021 Good Design Award.
- Co-designed the Better Planning Approvals Project together with the Department of Transport and Planning to streamline and improve Victorian planning permit processes using human-centred design. The project won an Australian 2023 Good Design Award.
- Captured graphic recordings of a two-week national roundtable with people across the education system, including a government minister, on the issue of school staff abuse
- Led visual design on a leadership development project delivering at velocity, developing new training modules for a global mining company that focused on leadership and culture
- Worked with local councils to streamline business approvals, including scribing live at an event with City of Melbourne stakeholders to produce an output that has since been displayed as part of the City’s Wall of Fame.
Outside of Nous
Alannah has 20 years of experience ranging from engineering to design, working across professional services, digital creative agencies and manufacturing. This diversity in experience shapes Alannah’s strategic and conceptual thinking when designing for clients.
Alannah holds a Diploma of Graphic Design from RMIT, a Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) with Honours, and a Bachelor of Business from Swinburne University. She participated in an intense generative scribing course with Kelvy Bird from The Visual Practice Workshop to learn generative and empathetic listening and scribing through presencing.
In her spare time...
Alannah practices the empathetic art of aikido-yoga, tends to her bonsais and spends time with her family. Her interests are in copperplate calligraphy, painting and illustrating.