Nick is a Nous Principal and specialist in people strategy, workforce planning and operating model development.
He brings more than 16 years of experience in turning strategy into action, both as an experienced management consultant and former human resources leader in multiple sectors. Nick has worked nationally across a wide breadth of industries, including extensively in higher education.
- Led organisational effectiveness reviews of several major cross-university functions at The University of Queensland (UQ)
- Supported university executives in the restructure of management structures across multiple UQ Schools
- Launched ‘AskHR’ enterprise HR service centre at UQ, including developing model recruitment of the inaugural team and ongoing membership of the management committee
- Led development and piloting of a whole-of-federal–public–service executive talent identification and development program
- Led people strategy and workforce planning reviews for multiple large private, public and higher education sector organisations.
Outside of Nous
Most recently, Nick was Director, HR Business Partnering at The University of Queensland, having joined the university as Associate Director, Organisational Effectiveness. Prior to consulting, he concurrently held the roles of Manager, Organisational Design & Review and Manager, Workforce Planning at Queensland Rail. He was also a Senior Associate at Mercer Consulting.
Nick holds a Master of Organisational Psychology and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours in psychology) from The University of Queensland.
In his spare time...
Nick is kept busy with his kids and dogs. The rest of the time is all about food, records and books.