Nick brings deep expertise in economics, data and analytics and public policy, and brings well-developed team leadership and management skills.
He has more than five years’ experience as a Senior Economist for the Victorian Treasury and a Team Leader at research house IBISWorld. He has worked on important pieces of work including authoring chapters of the Victorian State Budget and providing economic advice to government during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Developed industry and company forecast models in the energy, media, tourism and mining sectors as an analyst at IBISWorld, presenting findings to clients and the media
- Authored the Economic Outlook chapter for the Victorian State Budget, which outlined the story behind the economic forecasts for the state, including economic growth, the unemployment rate, wages growth and inflation
- Led the production of regular economic updates and advice to the Treasurer on economic developments during the coronavirus pandemic
- Developed policy recommendations for the Victorian Government to reduce gender inequities using policy levers such as public procurement, parental leave policies and early childhood education and care services
- Managed the development of 200 new industry research reports for clients during IBISWorld’s expansion into New Zealand.
Outside of Nous
Before joining Nous, Nick held a variety of roles in the public and private sector. He worked as a Senior Economist for the Victorian Treasury, where he developed economic forecasts, provided advice to the Treasurer on economic developments during the coronavirus pandemic, and managed the team’s regular briefing on economic data throughout the Victorian public service. Prior to this, he was a Team Leader and analyst at research house IBISWorld, where he provided industry updates to clients and to the media.
Nick holds a Bachelor of Commerce (economics and finance) from the University of Melbourne. He also spent a year studying on exchange at Lund University, Sweden.
In his spare time...
Nick enjoys sport, outdoor activities, board games and reading. Nick is a big sports fan, especially AFL, and is a passionate Hawthorn supporter.