Simon is an experienced project director with expertise in strategy development and implementation, business planning, stakeholder engagement, organisational design, public policy and higher education.
Simon is also a highly skilled facilitator with a track record of leading significant (and sometimes sensitive) meetings and workshops with senior participants, in diverse formats, and ensuring effective outcomes are delivered.
- Delivered multiple projects for a leading Russell Group university, including facilitating executive strategy days and developing an engagement strategy
- Worked with a major London based National Health Services Trust with a turnover in excess of £1B to facilitate executive strategy and leadership group days
- Consulted to a major Australian state government department on how to address long-term and ongoing business performance issues in its 81 public sector residential aged care services
- Developed long-term (25-year) visions for electricity transmission organisations, based on generation of ‘credible boundary’ scenarios and widespread stakeholder consultation
- Developed a new business model and organisational design for a large, London-based not-for-profit organisation.
Outside of Nous
Simon joined Nous in 2003. He previously spent 10 years as a senior manager in the publishing industry in Australia and the UK. He holds a Master of Business Administration (Dux) from Cranfield University, and Honours Degrees of the Bachelors of Laws and Arts from The University of Melbourne.
In his spare time...
Simon spends much of his spare time chasing after his two young daughters. In between, he enjoys playing tennis, cycling and reading; especially trashy science fiction.