Abbey is a consultant and an experienced workplace relations and safety lawyer. She is a proactive and creative problem solver who has advised government departments, universities, schools and retailers on people and culture matters, industrial relations and equal opportunity.
She has also carried out culture reviews and workplace investigations, and has designed digital tools to assist clients in streamlining workflows and decision-making processes. A strong communicator, Abbey enjoys working with clients to overcome challenges with practical solutions.
- Conducted workplace investigations for the Victorian Department of Education
- Advised and represented a hotelier in the Victorian COVID-19 Hotel Quarantine Inquiry
- Assisted in amalgamating Country Fire Authority and the Metropolitan Fire Brigade into Fire Rescue Victoria
- Developed a Reconciliation Action Plan in consultation with working groups and advisory committees
- Developed a digital training program and platform to assist a large private sector client in navigating labour hire licensing schemes in place across Australia
- Undertook a five-month secondment to Reece Group in the People Advisory team.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Abbey was a lawyer in the workplace relations and safety team at Lander & Rogers. She developed and coordinated the firm’s Reconciliation Action Plan and was a pro bono lawyer at the Mental Health Legal Centre. She previously volunteered at Victoria Police (Family Violence Unit) and Women’s Legal Service Victoria, and worked as a researcher at Melbourne Law School.
Abbey holds a Bachelor of Arts (English and Italian) and a Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne.
In her spare time...
Abbey loves to cook for friends, read, and explore the outdoors. She is also editing her first novel.