Adam specialises in large-scale strategy development, public policy and transformation, with a focus on higher education and government clients.
He brings a unique and creative perspective to solving clients’ problems and draws on skills in strategy, analytics, lean methods and design thinking. Clients value his collaborative, engaging and pragmatic approach, enabling him to excel in delivering results in complex multi-stakeholder environments.
- Led the development of a university-wide student inclusion strategy for a leading dual-sector university to address systemic barriers to access and participation
- Developed a targeted research strategy for a Go8 university to focus research investment and capability development in key research areas across science, engineering and IT
- Developed a five-year growth and diversity strategy for a Go8 university that provided a comprehensive roadmap of initiatives to increase market share in target international markets
- Ran an independent review of a $1.5 billion transformation program for an Australian Government department to ensure it was delivering value for money
- Led the review and design of a new model to strengthen Victorian Government’s approach to regional economic development and policy and coordination.
Outside of Nous
Adam has held a variety of senior management and consulting roles across the private and public sectors. These include senior manager, innovation and technology, in the Victorian Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources; senior consultant at the global outsourcing firm Serco; strategy consultant at a boutique management consulting firm; and program and product manager at the global life sciences company Leica Microsystems.
Adam holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics) from the University of Tasmania – where he was awarded the University Medal – and is a Williamson Community Leadership Program alumnus.
In his spare time...
Adam is a keen amateur cyclist, photographer, and part-time professional bass guitarist for a well-known tribute band. He also enjoys taking his dog for a run in the park.