Alex has more than five years of experience working in financial services and public policy roles.
Drawing on his experience working for some of Australia’s largest financial institutions, he has a developed a thorough and meticulous approach to solving problems. He applies his strong analytical skills and collaborative spirit to each project to deliver the best possible outcome.
- Contributed to the Reserve Bank of Australia’s policy response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identified opportunities to simplify an existing regulatory framework for a state government department, delivering reduced compliance and supervision costs
- Contributed to the new business strategy for the corporate and institutional banking division of a large bank
- Worked on optimising a large bank’s insurance product business by growing revenue and establishing new partnerships
- Led a project assessing a range of options related to a new initiative for a national infrastructure regulator.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Alex worked as an economist at the Reserve Bank of Australia and in the strategy team at National Australia Bank. He has published work on various topics ranging from wine economics to Chinese bond markets.
Alex holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Economics (First Class Honours) from the University of Adelaide.
In his spare time...
Alex enjoys cycling and travelling. He has combined both interests by cycling across Thailand.