Colin is a motivated and enthusiastic public sector consultant who leverages his degrees in law and arts to gain insight into complex problems and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
Colin has assisted several government departments to uplift their digital capabilities and has experience across government in the justice, finance and education sectors.
- Delivered a commercial negotiation strategy for a large Australian Government department to assist in the transfer of a mining town back to its Traditional Owners
- Approached the market to obtain a high-fidelity costing for a complex system replacement through a proof-of-concept as part of support for a corporate Australian Government entity
- Evaluated the efficiency of an innovative pilot program as part of a multi-year evaluation in the justice sector
- Developed the digital engagement strategy for an agency in the safety and security sector, transforming the way the agency interacts with citizens and freeing up critical resources
- Conducted a review for a large GO8 university to streamline its governance arrangements and support the delivery of an outstanding student experience.
Outside of Nous
Prior to Nous, Colin worked in a boutique digital consulting firm in Canberra, delivering tailored ICT outcomes across the public sector. He has also gained experience as a volunteer at community legal centres, including as a volunteer paralegal with the Youth Law Centre. During his time at university, he lived and worked at a residential college as a Community Coordinator, striving to enhance the student experience of its 500-plus undergraduate residents.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Arts from the Australian National University.
In his spare time...
Colin loves all things sport, and spends his time playing hockey, watching cricket, or reluctantly running around the suburbs of Canberra.