Cornelia has more than five years of experience designing and project managing major infrastructure projects.
In Melbourne she has worked on projects ranging from road and rail construction to utility relocation. Through these projects, she has built extensive experience collaborating with public and private stakeholders including local councils, government authorities and utility providers. She has technical skills in programming, optimisation, and predictive and descriptive statistics gained through a Master of Business Analytics.
- Developed an inventory optimisation model to predict product demand and optimise ordering for an Australian supplier, which reduced demand prediction error by 42 per cent
- Coordinated a team of 25 labourers and subcontractors on the Caulfield to Dandenong level crossing removal project to construct civil works under tight timeframes, leading to a section opening a month early and the remaining works completed on time
- Led a team of 12 labourers and subcontractors on the Melbourne Metro tunnel project to relocate the pedestrian crossing on Flinders Street, overcoming congested site conditions and understaffing to deliver the works in time for the road closure
- Delivered a tram design package with another engineer on the Melbourne Metro tunnel project, for which Cornelia won an award for dedication and ability to quickly adapt to the new project
- Developed an interactive dashboard in Excel (VBA) allowing the client to view and download model outputs and perform manual adjustments for new products and atypical business operations.
Outside of Nous
Cornelia led the Business Analytics Club at Melbourne Business School and used the platform to organise weekly analytics workshops that facilitated knowledge-sharing among students. She received the Club Event of the Year Award for positive impact on student experience.
She led a team of students as part of the Engineers Without Borders Swinburne Chapter to organise events and promote partnership events with a focus on humanitarian engineering and early-career development.
In her spare time...
Cornelia is a trained patisserie chef who enjoys baking delicious desserts for her family and friends. In her spare time, she also loves to travel, play the piano and practice yoga.