Craig understands the needs of organisations facing discontinuous change and how to build a consensus for bold action across diverse teams.
His focus is on helping senior leaders in mining, energy and higher education transform their operating models to create greater purpose, sustainability and impact. Craig’s work is informed by three decades of global experience in government, the private sector (in mining, telecom and consumer goods) and consulting.
- Led corporate strategy, asset planning, customer experience, channel, and digital strategy for two electricity utilities, redirecting priorities to address competitive and technology disruption
- Developed social impact assessment and social management strategies for a mining company and Traditional Owners
- Developed social investment strategy in education for a global miner to systematise collaboration between industry, government and the education technology industry
- Partnered with a Group of 8 university transformation team to design and execute professional services restructure covering 1,500 staff
- Partnered with a global iron ore miner to deliver multiple long-range infrastructure plans, redirecting capex priorities
- Helped transform a major electricity company through the design of an integrated people-centred transformation approach and design of new operating model to enable a 30 per cent cost reduction.
Outside of Nous
Prior to Nous, Craig was a partner at PwC, most recently leading PwC’s Strategy& consulting practice in Perth, and was a strategy consultant with A.T. Kearney in North America. Prior to consulting, Craig led strategic planning and transformation functions at Telstra in Sydney, and began his career in the Australian Government as a policy advisor in the human services sector.
Craig holds an MBA (RMIT University), Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (University of Technology Sydney) and a Bachelor of Arts in Art History and Comparative Literature (La Trobe University).
He is a board member of Activ Foundation, WA’s largest charitable organisation and largest provider of services enabling people with disability to pursue a better life.
In his spare time...
Craig’s focus is on his young family. In between ferrying children to sporting events, he tries to maintain a keen interest in theatre, urban planning, politics and diverse music genres.