Danny is an experienced public policy professional with diverse interests across social and economic policy.
Prior to joining Nous, he worked in strategic policy in the Northern Territory (NT) and Victorian state governments. A natural collaborator, Danny is passionate about how public institutions can make a positive community impact and enjoys bringing his own brand of critical and strategic thought to solving complex public policy problems.
- Led internal policy for the review and update of the NT Government’s Regulation Making Framework, including consulting across all government agencies
- Partnered with a Victorian Government’s social policy area to formulate and implement its new strategic direction in the COVID-19 recovery context
- Contributed to the development and delivery of pieces of strategic policy as part of Victoria’s COVID-19 response effort, including the COVID-19 compliance and enforcement framework, business support grants and programs, return of the seasonal agricultural workforce and hotel quarantine
- Delivered a report on improving the regulatory environment in a key NT industry, including developing policy interventions and undertaking consultation with land councils and industry
- Contributed to a comprehensive review of a Victorian Government statutory authority, helping deliver improvements in operating model, processes and overall efficiency.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Danny worked as a policy adviser in the Victorian and NT state governments. In the NT, he worked on key regulatory reform projects across government processes and in specific key industries affecting the NT’s economic development. During his time in Victoria, he worked within a small, highly collaborative team to respond to the dual crises of bushfires and COVID-19 – providing strategic advice on issues ranging from macroeconomic restart and recovery to community development policy.
Danny also has a personal and professional interest in China and Chinese politics. He is currently a Yenching Scholar at Peking University, with his research focusing on building frameworks to understand contemporary policymaking paradigms in China. In addition to this, Danny holds a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Politics from The University of Melbourne.
In his spare time...
Danny enjoys surfing and playing football and has a healthy interest in exploring the Top End’s national parks. He has a less healthy interest in supporting his football team, Tottenham Hotspur.