Garima brings 10 years’ consulting and project management experience spanning policy, strategic design, organisational development and operations.
She combines human-centred design with system-wide perspectives to deliver results in complex areas including education, health and community services. Garima’s strong interpersonal skills enable her to engage confidently and empathetically with stakeholders from executives to frontline staff and customers, and to collaboratively design and implement solutions.
- Designed a student experience framework and implementation roadmap, informing efforts to improve student support and wellbeing across multiple hospital and education precincts
- Improved the onboarding experience of high-profile academic recruits by redesigning and implemented a complex end-to-end process to ensure the smooth transfer of millions of dollars of resources
- Established a process governance framework at a newly merged university faculty, including rolling out Promapp software and upskilling staff, enabling the delivery of critical business processes
- Designed and piloted a faculty Information Management Framework in a Microsoft 365 environment, delivering critical infrastructure for digital transformation and future ways-of-working
- Co-led the establishment of the Community & Primary Health Care portfolio at the University of Sydney’s Faculty of Medicine and Health.
Outside of Nous
Garima joined Nous from the University of Sydney, where she most recently supported a major transformation of faculty operations. She has also worked at consultancies and advised on issues including skills policy, workforce development, education (higher, vocational, early childhood), preventive health, mental health, First Nations economic inclusion and domestic violence.
She is passionate about building inclusive organisations, economies and societies. Her economics Honours thesis sought to measure the impact of flexible work policies on women’s’ return-to-work choices after maternity leave.
Garima holds a Bachelor of Economics and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New South Wales (UNSW), both with Honours. A multi-disciplinary thinker, as an undergraduate Garima won the Investec Prize for Most Outstanding All-Round Student at the UNSW Business School.
In her spare time...
Garima chases after her two young children and pet rabbit, enjoys cooking and Indian classical dance and plans camping trips.