Jacob has a background in academic economics, having spent 2020 and 2021 working on his PhD in Economics at the University of Western Australia.
His research employed large historical data sets and sophisticated statistical approaches to analyse developments in the distribution of income. Alongside his prior work as a researcher, Jacob has experience teaching economics to tertiary students, including international students studying remotely. He has also had exposure to the public sector, having worked for Members of Parliament.
- Rigorously applied statistical and theoretical methodologies in the preparation of papers for publication, with three undergoing peer review with respected academic journals
- Presented a credible and creative research agenda that secured the Dean’s excellence in FABLE (Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education) PhD Scholarship
- Delivered an online unit to students studying remotely in China
- Received the support of University of Western Australia (UWA) students during the 2017 UWA Guild election to represent UWA at a National Student Conference
- Served as President of a university club, overseeing events including an orientation stall that signed up over 100 new members.
Outside of Nous
Jacob enjoys working with young people and is currently involved in running a youth group for high school students. In the past, Jacob has worked with students to improve their public speaking skills as a debating coach. Additionally, Jacob takes a keen interest in politics and has been involved in federal and state election campaigns.
Jacob holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours in economics) from the University of Western Australia.
In his spare time...
Jacob enjoys catching up with friends for a coffee. He also relishes taking long walks with close friends and is a long-suffering fan of the Fremantle Dockers.