James is a benchmarking and business transformation specialist in the university sector, having worked in leading management consulting firms.
He is recognised for his ability to lead large complex projects across the end-to-end cycle of business transformation engagements with proven business performance uplift. James has worked extensively with C-level executives and senior management to shape and deliver high-impact service delivery, technology and business change programs. By leveraging robust performance benchmarks, he sets the vision and develops a fact-based approach to business transformation.
- Led the Australia and New Zealand UniForum program, managing the benchmarking program’s end-to-end cycle and executive engagement to enable each member to realise their performance improvement opportunities and embed a continuous improvement culture
- Led the corporate services benchmark and digital service delivery model design for a leading Australian university to drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements through a centralised and digitally-enabled model
- Managed a rapid human resources (HR) transformation benchmark for a leading Australian bank to support the incoming chief HR officer to make change decisions and provide a baseline for a future strategy
- Led development of a Singapore global purchasing hub for a global telecommunications company, facilitating engagement across Europe and South-East Asia to develop global sourcing and procurement standards and select a global technology platform
- Developed the target operating model for a global media and telecommunications company’s frontline and back office services.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining NousCubane, James was a director at The Hackett Group, where he led global corporate service transformation initiatives across both the public and private sectors. His global clients involved significant project delivery throughout Asia and Europe while his local focus was to lead the university sector business development and delivery.
James holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Economics from Macquarie University.
In his spare time...
Phil is a keen runner, outdoor fitness enthusiast, animal lover and custodian of a growing family of dogs and cats. He is active in supporting several animal and environmental charities.