Janet has more than 15 years of diverse leadership experience with extensive implementation, data governance, product management, operations and distribution knowledge.
She has led the successful implementation of many large cross-functional strategic initiatives. In the past four years, she has led large-scale data governance programs, process improvement and operational execution. She has expertise in leading teams through ambiguous or undefined scope; testing new methodologies, tools and approaches; and solving complex business problems.
- Led the IFRS17 Data Transformation Program for a ‘big five’ Canadian bank in a multi-year, six-workstream engagement
- Led the Critical Data Elements (CDE) Governance Model Program for a ‘big five’ bank, conducting a bank-wide proof-of-concept to better understand the day-to-day tasks required by business units to manage all CDE-related activities
- Provided project oversight for the Risk Data Management Office of a ‘big five’ bank to assist in closing a significant audit deficiency
- Provided project management for personal and commercial banking and capital markets platforms in support of a bank’s CDE compliance for IFRS9 requirements
- Developed a multi-year strategic roadmap to transform a credit card product group at a ‘big five’ bank with limited investments during the past decade and primarily manual processes.
Outside of Nous
Janet was previously a Principal at Optimus SBR, a Toronto-based management consulting firm. Prior to this she was the Associate Vice President of Consumer Cards at TD and the Senior Director of Business Credit Cards at RBC.
Janet holds a Master of Business Administration from Queen’s University and a Bachelor of Business Administration from Brock University.
In her spare time...
Janet enjoys spending time with her family, playing sports (especially American football with the kids), walking the dog or time away at her cottage.