With a passion for data and strategy, Joshua excels in partnering on high stakes problems.
From delivering pandemic statistics to pioneering national data infrastructure, he is experienced in translating data into strategic advantage. His expertise in navigating sensitive situations and breaking down complex technical concepts makes him an asset to clients. He brings a blend of interpersonal awareness, empathetic communication, implementable solutions and analytical thought leadership. Moreover, he is collaborative and matches technical expertise to stakeholder needs to drive success.
- Helped lead teams to deliver the first version of a new $70 million national data infrastructure build, balancing technical specifications, resources and end-user needs
- Led development of the Australian Bureau of Statistics’ (ABS) first Data Strategy under its first appointed Chief Data Officer
- Led technical teams to meet national statistics needs during the COVID-19 pandemic, which required rapid establishment of new operations and scale-up of new cloud systems and processes in a high pressure environment
- Managed technical teams in a leading UK national data science agency, undertaking projects for clients such as The World Bank, UK NGOs and government, including managing media and communications
- Conducted an economic impact study that estimated the value of regional universities and their research in Australia at $1.7 billion, informing university strategy and government policy.
Outside of Nous
Outside of Nous, Joshua has held roles at the ABS, where he worked in the COVID-19 Taskforce and a range of other national initiatives. He also worked for the Alan Turing Institute, the UK’s leading centre for Data Science and AI; and held a visiting academic position in the Department of Statistics at the University of Warwick.
Joshua holds a Master of Economics (finance & statistics) from The Sorbonne, Paris and a Bachelor of Science (physics) from The Australian National University.
In his spare time...
Joshua enjoys spending time in the ocean and being a competitively mediocre distance swimmer.