Julia is a graduate consultant with experience in public affairs and government. She applies a creative and evidence-based approach to her work.
She is highly collaborative and energetic and enjoys drawing on the varied expertise of her team to deliver results.
- Conducted government relations competitor analysis to identify key business improvement areas and a new business approach
- Participated in a policy submission to the New South Wales (NSW) treasury on federal financial relations, resulting in many implemented recommendations
- Convened a series of networking events between university students and political, administrative and business leaders to forge new professional relationships
- Contributed to various newspapers and media outlets on behalf of an advocacy group, boosting the group’s public presence and advocacy agenda
- Prepared extensive policy briefs on the Australian federal budget to assist clients in understanding the 2021 budget’s implications.
Outside of Nous
Julia has worked for the government at a state and federal level. She has also worked as a policy and business analyst for a leading government-relations firm. Prior to working at Nous, Julia interned at the European Australian Business Council on their policy and communications team.
While completing her Bachelor of Arts (economics) and Bachelor of Advanced Studies (politics & international relations), Julia was awarded the Commonwealth Bank scholarship in government. She was very involved in university life and served on the Students’ Representative Council in 2020.
Julia placed first in NSW in Indonesian Continuers and Extension in her Higher School Certificate and continued studying the language at a tertiary level in Salatiga, Indonesia, supported by a New Colombo Plan grant.
In her spare time...
Julia enjoys hiking, reading, running, cooking and country music. She can be found on stage either performing slam poetry or in her gospel choir.