With a background in statistics and data science, Lachlan delivers data-driven insights that make a difference to his clients.
He is passionate about helping others and has a knack for explaining complex topics so that anyone can understand and applying his knowledge to client problems. He has experience in a wide range of industries, including environment and utilities.
- Analysed vegetation data to determine if mining operations were significantly affecting nearby plants’ health
- Undertook data root cause analysis for a new electricity customer program to verify calculations and to reveal data pain points
- Led development of a statistical tool that determined each quarter if there had been a significant increase in adverse events related to a newly-developed medical device
- Performed statistical analysis of agricultural trials to identify which plant varieties had the best yields, informing decisions on which plants should be grown where in Australia
- Helped design and implement workforce culture surveys to establish overall employee satisfaction and determine which areas should be targeted for improvement.
Outside of Nous
Prior to joining Nous, Lachlan worked as a Consultant Statistician at Data Analysis Australia, a Health Safety Environment Analyst at BHP and Research Assistant at the UWA Oceans Institute. He was the valedictorian of the School of Physics, Mathematics and Computing at The University of Western Australia for completing a Bachelor of Science Honours thesis on the statistical modelling of water density.
In his spare time...
Lachlan enjoys playing social sports, ranging from mixed netball to ultimate frisbee, and is an avid board game player and collector.