Mai’s expertise is in the psychology of leadership and group dynamics.
Mai’s expertise is in the psychology of leadership and group dynamics. She completed her PhD in social psychology at the University of Queensland (UQ) where she won multiple awards for her research on economic inequality and stereotyping. Alongside her PhD, Mai brings experience in evaluation design, facilitation, research and multi-stakeholder engagement. She worked with UQ’s Organisational Culture and Capability team to improve the promotion process for academics and designed and implemented initiatives to support the SAGE Athena Swan Framework to ensure university-wide gender equity.
- Managed the assessment of biases within the academic promotion process at UQ, with results reported to the senate to inform future promotion policies
- Led and managed university initiatives that support culturally and linguistically diverse staff moving to Brisbane
- Created an evidence-based evaluation framework for the Victorian Government assessing the impact of Women Leadership Programs
- Led a team of 46 academics in a multi-national research project across 32 countries to measure the psychological impact of economic inequality
- Managed and facilitated numerous virtual seminars and conferences for not-for-profit organisations, research institutes and universities.
Outside of Nous
Mai recently completed her PhD in social psychology at UQ. She worked as a project officer with the Organisational Culture and Capability team as part of Human Resources to implement initiatives supporting university-wide gender equity. She was in the secretariat for the Cultural Inclusion Council, which is a consultative mechanism for developing and implementing inclusion initiatives focusing on culturally and linguistically diverse staff across UQ.
Mai is also a research associate at the Global Institute for Women’s Leadership at Australian National University. She worked with other researchers alongside the Victorian government to design and create an evaluation framework to assess Women Leadership Programs in the state.
Mai holds a Doctor of Philosophy (philosophy) and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours in psychology) from UQ and a Bachelor of Science (psychology) from Chulalongkorn University.
In her spare time...
Mai is a major foodie. She enjoys trying out new restaurants and cafes. She loves to travel and has lived in Thailand, the US and Australia.