Marianna has 20 years of experience working on public policy issues in senior roles across the not-for-profit and government sectors in Australia and abroad.
She uses her cross-sectoral experience and collaborative approach to design durable solutions to difficult problems. Marianna has extensive experience in complex multi-stakeholder environments, and strong management and leadership skills.
- Led the establishment and growth of a global multi-sectoral partnership on child marriage, the Girls Not Brides global partnership
- Managed bilateral counter-terrorism cooperation between Australia and Thailand and advised on Australia’s counter-terrorism policy
- Developed and implemented evaluation frameworks for not-for-profit organisations involved in collective impact
- Developed digital and advocacy campaigns to address social issues in the Asia Pacific, such as violence against women in India
- Led multinational teams to develop and run advocacy, media and communication strategies on human rights issues.
Outside of Nous
Before joining Nous, Marianna led the Sydney Peace Foundation, with a focus on improving strategic outcomes and financial sustainability. She has worked in senior roles with not-for-profit organisations on social issues in London and Shanghai, including as an associate fellow with Chatham House. Marianna started her career in the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, with a posting to Bangkok, and was admitted as a lawyer to the Supreme Court of NSW.
Marianna holds a MPhil in Development Studies from the University of Cambridge and a Bachelor of Science/Law (Honours) from the University of Sydney. She is a board member of the NSW Council of Social Service (NCOSS).
In her spare time...
After returning to Sydney following many years abroad, Marianna loves exploring Sydney and its surrounds with her family.