Mathew is a CPA with nearly a decade of experience in financial analysis, strategy consulting and business performance improvement.
He has worked in a diverse array of industries including higher education, IT system solutions and manufacturing sectors. Mathew brings expertise in quantitative and qualitative analysis and develops data-backed solutions for his clients.
- Conducted in-depth financial analysis on the ancillary services units of a large Canadian university and identified over $10 million in additional contribution
- Conducted broad stakeholder consultation to identify potential improvements to a large Canadian university’s student services
- Led a professional team to investigate a company’s financial performance, and designed a recovery plan to help the client save more than 10 per cent of its cost for the year
- Led an industry expert team to complete a comprehensive stakeholder consultation to understand the value proposition of the education software industry in China, and designed an R&D plan that provides a better fit for the client’s future development
- Constructed detail financial analysis and forecast models to discover clients’ potential improvements in financial performance.
Outside of Nous
Before joining Nous, Mathew was an investment banker focusing on IPO and M&A advisory. He completed his CPA in 2018 and started his full-time MBA study in Toronto later that year. During his MBA, he was a teaching assistant in macroeconomics and a tutor in accounting and finance.
Mathew holds a Bachelor of Economics with first class honours from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
In his spare time...
Mathew enjoys travelling and hiking. He is also a big fan of food and co-manages with his family a blog that explores multi-cultural cuisines in Toronto.